Financial Assistance Information for Butler Montessori
Butler Montessori offers a limited amount of financial assistance to qualified students. Financial assistance is only available to third-year Primary (kindergarten) through 8th-grade students.
There are two forms that will need to be completed in their entirety for a family to be eligible for consideration for financial assistance.
- There is a Butler Montessori Application for Financial Assistance that the Business Office sends out to applicants. This form will need to be completed and returned to the Business Office along with the family’s end-of-year mortgage statement before you can be considered for financial assistance. This form should take no longer than 10 to 15 minutes to fill out.
- In addition, you must also complete an application with FAST (Financial Aid and Student Tuition), which is a software tool that most private schools across the country use to determine the expected family contribution.
To use FAST, click on the link to create an account.
- Download the FAST worksheet that lists all of the information you will need to complete the form.
- Once you have collected the information you need, complete the online form. This form should take approximately 60–90 minutes to complete.
- You can start the application and return to it at a later time to complete if needed.
- Copies of the following supporting documents will also need to be sent to FAST:
- Most recently completed federal tax return (form 1040), including all supporting schedules.
- Most recently completed Maryland state returns.
- Most recent W-2s from employer.
Both of these applications need to be submitted to the appropriate recipient on or just after the April tax deadline. Decisions regarding financial awards are made during the first week of May.