Butler Montessori is an AMI (Association Montessori International) accredited school for children ages 18 months through eighth grade, situated on a beautiful 22-acre rural campus.
Want to learn more about the Butler Experience?
Once we receive your inquiry, Amy D’Elia, our Admissions Coordinator will be in touch!
If you’d like to contact Amy directly, you may reach her at:
- (301) 977-6600
Check out our LookBook to learn more about Butler Montessori!
Your tax deductible donation helps support Butler Montessori’s mission.
Donations may be made using the following credit cards:
Butler Montessori Annual Report 2014
Butler supports the development of the whole child through academics, music, arts, and physical education including our unique equestrian program. Butler Montessori guides children toward independence and social responsibility creating the basis for education as a lifelong process based on a solid academic foundation.
- Jan. 31 – Silent Journey, A Parent Participation Information Morning, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Feb. 4 – Transitioning to Upper Elementary, 8:30 AM
- Feb. 6 – Transitioning to Lower Elementary, 8:30 AM
Last minute registration is available for Art Attack, Tae Kwon Do, Computer Coding and Creative Story Dance.
Please visit http://www.butlerschool.org/arts-activities/kaleidoscope/ for forms.
Kaleidoscope: Winter Session:
- Art Attack (Tuesdays, Art Room)
- Baking/Cooking (Tuesdays, Park House)
- Tae Kwon Do (Tuesdays, Multipurpose Room)
- Creative Movement/Story Dance (Wednesdays, Main Building)
- Baking/Cooking (Thursdays, Park House)
- Computer Coding (Fridays, Park House)
Winter Weather Reminders:
Students (ALL AGES) need hats, gloves/mittens and heavy winter coats each and every day. If there is snow on the ground, please be sure to send snow pants and boots with your children. Label ALL items so if they are left behind, they can be returned.
Coffee & Conversation: Friday, January 23, 9:00 AM.
Join the Head of School for an informal gathering. This is a great opportunity to chat with parents, ask questions, offer support and hear about what is going on in the classrooms.
PEP (Parent Encouragement Program):
PEP offers wonderful classes and seminars to help support parents in the raising of their children. Several classes are coming up soon. Check out their website: www.pepparents.org for more information on the following:
- Why Don’t My Kids Listen to Me? Saturday, Jan. 10, 3:00-4:30 PM, Free
- No More Morning Mayhem: Wednesday, Feb 25, 7:30-9:30 PM, $33
- Challenging Behaviors in Toddlers & Preschoolers: Wednesday, Feb 11, 7:30-9:30 PM, $33
- Good Work! Raising Responsible, Contributing, Cooperative Kids: Sunday, Feb 22, 2:00-4:00 PM, $33
The Germantown Library is hosting a chess club. Practice and play in an open and friendly environment. Learn the basics of the game, strategy and etiquette. All levels, beginner to advanced, are welcome. Chess boards will be provided, but players are encouraged to bring their own.
Family Square Dancing Party
Saturday, February 7, 6:00 – 8:00 PM in the Ginny Wright Art Center. Yee ha! BPC is sponsoring a hoedown with live music, a professional square dance caller, and a whole lot of fun! “Simply the Finest” Family Barn Dance caller and the band DeLaura Padovan will lead us in an evening of moving, kicking, and dancing! Grab your partner and get ready to do-si-do! Light snacks and drinks will be provided. Donations gratefully accepted at the door.
Butler Annual Talent Auction – March 21
Plans are well underway for the Butler Talent Auction, so save the date –Saturday night, March 21! We’ll have some of the most popular previous auction items available, as well as many that are new! More details will be coming your way in the next few weeks, including the online auction catalog!