Butler Montessori is an AMI (Association Montessori International) accredited school for children ages 18 months through eighth grade, situated on a beautiful 22-acre rural campus.
Butler supports the development of the whole child through academics, music, arts, and physical education including our unique equestrian program. Butler Montessori guides children toward independence and social responsibility creating the basis for education as a lifelong process based on a solid academic foundation.
It is required they be returned each year, including the emergency contact information. Children cannot attend a “Going-Out” or any other off campus activity without proper documentation. All medication, over the counter and/or prescription, must be left at the front desk with Mrs. Pelkey. If you need new forms, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that on conference days there is complimentary childcare in the Ginny Wright Arts Center. No children should be left unattended on campus, regardless of age.
If you are interested in purchasing a hooded sweatshirt, please see the attached form. Orders, with payment, must be received by October 14. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Grocery and Box Tops Savings:
Please re-link your grocery cards.
- Our Harris Teeter number is 6260 and can be linked by telling the cashier our number, or online at www.harristeeter.com.
- Our Giant Food number is 00782 and you may link in store, or visit www.giantfood.com.
- Safeway participates with eScrip and our school number is 6645811 and you may re-link by visiting www.escrip.com.
Also, be sure to clip Box Tops from General Mills products and send them into the main office. Butler redeems them for cash!
- Every child who arrives for school late must be signed in at the front desk. This is true for all students regardless of age!
- Please silence your cell phones before entering any school buildings.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Compost is a focus of Butler Montessori. Please send lunches with items in plastic containers that can be brought back home and refilled for the next day! Also, please remember to pack utensils with your child’s lunch, if any are needed.
- Oct. 3 – Lower Elem Class Gathering, 5:30 PM POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER
- Oct. 10 – Ms. Xander’s Class Gathering, 2:00 PM
- Oct. 12 – Grandparents’ Day, 10:00-12:00 PM
- Oct. 13 – BPC Open Meeting, 7:00 PM
- Oct. 16 – No School, Conferences
- Oct. 17 – Mrs. Wolf’s Class gathering, 5:30 PM
- Oct. 24 – Fall Festival, 1:00-5:00 PM
- Oct. 28 – Individual Picture Day
October 13, 7:00 PM – BPC Open Meeting for All Parents
BPC will be hosting an informational meeting in the Ginny Wright Arts Center. Please attend to learn more about BPC, hear about upcoming social and educational events, meet the officers and other parents, and find out how you can get involved. Snacks and drinks will be provided, and there will be fun activities for the kids, too (more on that next week). Please plan to join us!
Book Fair is almost here! There are still a few more volunteer spots we need to fill, so if you have some free time, please sign up to help. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45aca62aa46-butler1
Mabel’s Labels is back this year! Get useful and stylish labels for all your children’s clothes and gear, and support Butler at the same time! Go towww.mabelslabels.com, click on “Support a Fundraiser”, and find Butler Montessori (Darnestown) in the list of schools. A portion of your purchase will be donated back to Butler, and these great labels will ensure that lost sweatshirts, books, hat, or socks become a thing of the past!
Butler Tweets! Keep up with everything that’s happening at Butler and the BPC – follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TheButlerSchool
Butler Parent Connection Officers 2015-2016
Our officers for 2015/16 year are:
President: Eve Shalley
Vice President: Holly Fiery
Secretary: Cara Iadarola
Members-at-Large: Caitlin Mara
We are starting to plan for the new school year, and your feedback would be very much appreciated. Please use this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9S23HXH to provide us with your thoughts about this past year and what we can do better in the coming year. Thank you in advance for your input!